5 Social Media Skills for Success
How to market your company in an increasingly digital age.
- Highlight the experience: Focus on the experience and benefit of coming to your dealership. Why should a consumer pick your store? Feel-good customer stories are extraordinarily valuable. Highlight these stories and turn brand followers into brand lovers by delivering consumer-centric experiences.
- Interact with your followers: Be sure to “like” peoples' comments and reply to them, especially if they are asking you a question. This increases overall engagement. Also make sure to respond in a timely manner, ideally within 1-2 hours of posting.
- Use a call to action: Funnel users to the website. Social media serves to create interest, with the website being the final destination, especially an e-commerce website.
- Content is king: Have a strategy for the voice and tone of your social content. Curate posts that are informative, relevant and engaging. Know your audience and produce content that matches what they want.
- Understand it has become pay-to-play: More "likes" no longer equals more reach. Everyone is competing for visibility. Content without a supporting budget will reach less than 10 percent of the possible total audience.